"You must immerse yourself in an unfamiliar world in order to truly understand your own."
Saturday, December 29, 2012
The Kitchen Facelift
We've been in our house for three years, and every single day I have loathed my kitchen. The first week in the house my sister and I painted the cabinets black, and that was awesome (and something i'll never do again). But the kitchen desperately needed a facelift in the form on new countertops and a sink. Well, about six months ago our oven died. The stove top still worked, and that was clutch. (And yes you can live without a stove bc toster ovens are just small stoves.) However, upon realizing that our oven was a 'drop in' my replacement was halted (as drop ins are strangely expensive for how outdated they look)and it took me months of research (in between changing jobs and juggling the twins) to find a suitable replacement. I knew I didnt want anything super fancy in this house on either the oven or the facelift. So, I waited until the big box stores were having a big sale, I think it was over Columbus day weekend, and got the stove. Then after a referral from my amazing handy man, Eric, I went to Counter Dimensions in Pelham for the counter tops. I chose a laminate counter top with a beveled edge that gives it the look of granite. The sink was another story. I bought one from home depot online at an awesome price, but since I waited until the last minute to do so, had to pay a arm and a leg for expedited shipping. Even with the outrageous shipping fee, I wasnt convinced it was going to arrive on time, so I went to Ferguson Bath and Lighting near Dr Pepper place. I told them my predicament, and that I had already bought a sink, and since they were very kind, they matched that price and promised it there by the next day. Since that was very kind of them, I got my faucet from them as well (and im in love with both the sink and the faucet).
SO, the tear out and install went as planned and very smoothly. Three days later, I had a like-new kitchen and couldnt have been happier. The first sink did actually ship, but if you dont open it and refuse the package to UPS or Fed Ex, then they refund everything, even shipping. Very good to know.
And here are the pics.
Before
After!
(new post below)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts?