Monday, March 23, 2009

Le Weekend de Jeri


Beginning last Thursday, while I was at a conference in Atlanta, my husband embarked on what can now be considered a journey, but at the time was just suppose to be a weekend trip. He was headed to Las Vegas for one of his best friend, Paul's, bachelor party. It also marked the beginning of me having what I call "Jeri time" all weekend. I dont get this time often, so I usually take advantage of it. No, I didnt go crazy and spend all weekend partying it up in the ham (that was the case in ATL though: another day another post), quite the opposite actually. I spent all day saturday deep cleaning the house, which is annoying, but so enjoyable once its done. I also spent some time with the fam, and had a chance to get a golf lesson from dad since it was gorgeous outside on sunday. However, my FAV thing to do was have some free to time cook. For me, cooking is theraputic. So, for a few hours sunday night I made muffins for my breakfast this week, a crab quiche for lunch this week, and a walnut cream sauce pasta for my dinner. I'm just so domestic...
Well, as i'm cooking, cleaning, and enjoying getting to watch my shows, I'm assuming my traveling husband is doing just that: traveling back home. Instead, due to a combination of an extremely delayed flight and an upset stomach, jordan gave up his seat on the overbooked plane. Also because of the delay, he was going to get into bham at about 3am, and of course I was going to be the sleepy zombie driving to get him. Well, he did this assuming he would just catch the next flight, but that would be too easy. Southwest informed him they couldnt get him out of Vegas until Tuesday morning. Yikes! Now, most of you that know my poker lovin husband would think that this was a deliberate scheme by him to stay in Vegas for as long as possible. But, from the sound of it, he is Vegas-ed out at this point, and more ready to get back home than ever. So, the weekend of Jeri has been extended, although I'm really ready to have my husband home. Luckily, we did get some southwest credit, so it may be the start of another adventure! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?