Monday, February 21, 2011

Really MSNBC?

Southern Football msnbc style. An excerpt from the article:

In this state you're either an Alabama or Auburn fan - and declarations of neutrality can draw a disbelieving sneer. Once a year everything nearly comes to a complete stop when Alabama and Auburn lock horns in the Iron Bowl. And after the game ends, people talk about it the rest of the year, oftentimes while sipping sweet tea and eating barbecue.

Come on John Zenor. Im gonna bet everything I own on the fact that that John has never been to an Iron Bowl, much less the South. Why is it necessary to add the second half of the last sentence. I felt like my life was a sterotype by simply reading this paragraph. Im sure he wont believe it, but sometimes I talk about football while eating seared salmon and drinking a nice pinot. Does it always have to be sweet tea and bbq? I almost couldnt finish the article after this sentence, but i out of curisoty of his ignorance, i continued.

Huge Southern Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?