This has been a difficult week on many levels. Mostly because of the heartbreaking loss of my coworker's son from his year long battle with cancer. I did not know Carson personally, but I feel like I do from being around those those who loved him most. To call him an inspiratin would be quite an understatement. He was a talented musician, strong Christian man, and simply an amazing person. One of the most precious moments I was able to witness was him and his father at our company Christmas party this past December. Carson's band played for the party, and during the night him and his dad (former U of A Million dollar band member) had a drum off, and you could see how strongly he clung to the joys of music. Tomorrow night they are holding a celebration honoring his life, and that will be a special event to reflect on the life of such a special person.
Along those lines, I also want to share a story from my good friend Cristin. Her friend Greg has also experienced the traumatizing effects of a life threatening disease on a loved one. In this case, his brother. I'll let you read the story here. I might have out-read Cristin in the third grade, but I dont try to out write her now :) After you read, support her!
Speaking of supporting friends. My other good friend Olivia is running her first half marathon later this year for the same organization, the leukemia and lymphoma society. Im so proud of friends who challenge themselves for any reason, but especially for reaons such as these. I hope one day we dont have to deal with the heartache of lives lost too young.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts?