Monday, July 18, 2011

That game...

Im alive, albeit functioning at a much lower capacity than normal. My brain has income tax, retirement, investment, and insurance planning information swimming around in there, which doesnt leave room for much thought. I did find time to tear myself away from this highly addicting subject matter yesterday to watch our National Team gals take on Japan. Unfortunately this time around, I do not have the energy or time for a proper recap (sorry Tracy). Also, (spoiler if you live in a cave) im still pissed we lost. I will say, our team has some serious guts and got farther in this tournament than anyone expected. Also, America has a new sweetheart:

Introducing: Alex Morgan (@alexmorgan13)

A whole generation of U-12's will now be sporting pink headbands and sports bras...I might be too....

She did this. (watch the first 53 seconds)
From someone who played striker most of their soccer career, I can attest to the supreme control and general awesomeness that is this goal. I will also admit, I could never pull it off (not a lefty nor a badass)

And a new American Badass:
who is now on twitter for all you tweeters @abbywambach

You hate to see a game go to PKs, especially after such a hard fought battle. However, if we were going to lose to anyone, Im ok with it being the Japanese. Their country needed a "pick me up" and they were underdogs just like us.  Plus, they could do this. 

Damn. That was super awesome. Go them. 

Back to studying. 


2 comments:

  1. It was definitely a bummer that they lost. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate they lost, too. But props to Japan, and yes, they did need a little happiness! That was as good as a play-by-play. Great to see you the other night!! See you in 2 weeks at the Saliba/Ellis shindig.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?