Thursday, February 9, 2012

Mystic Krewe of Apollo


Saturday night was a celebration of mardi gras at boutwell with a few thousand of Birmingham's most fabulous people. The Mystic Krewe of Apollo celebrated its 36th annual Ball. I attended a few years back...
wow.
So when I had the chance to attend again, it was a no brainer. This is the most fab party in bham. The pictures speak for themselves. 

It's basically one awesome drag show, with amazing costumes. These guys work on these creations for a full year. Here we have the empire state building. 

The coronation of the new Queen. Amazing 

Last year's Queen, with one of her loyal subjects...

The party


The table-scapes were also quite impressive. Here we have monopoly. I wish I would have taken a picture of the Vulcan table, with a statue of Vulcan's ass as the centerpiece.

All in all, it was a much needed break from my boys and a fun night out with the "girls" 

1 comment:

  1. So jealous! I thought I would get an invitation the next time you got to go! I guess a pregnant woman isn't nearly as much fun as a room full of fabulous gay guys!! Maybe another year, and I get to wear the sparkle dress!!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?