Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Foodies

I'm trying really hard to eat better in order to drop these baby lbs. However, our schedule gets so crazy, it's hard to plan for healthy. Most meals are spent standing up in our kitchen, scarfing down whatever we can find before the boys decide its their turn to eat. Tuesday and Thursday are easier to make a meal bc my nanny is there when I get home and can sit with them a bit longer while I throw something together. Tonight we actually got to sit and enjoy salmon, pecan and garlic grains and pear and Gorgonzola salad with vinaigrette dressing. Delicious. Before you start thinking I'm channeling a 50's housewife (wait, you would never think that) let me tell you some tricks. First, the grains cook themselves on the stove, that just simmers the whole time. The salad came pre-packaged and happened to catch my eye at publix bc it was on sale. The salmon I cooked in my toaster oven cause we are in the process of getting a new oven. Despite the random way of cooking it, the dish was amazing. A little olive oil, garlic, capers and Greek seasoning and twenty minutes later in 350 it's done. Some friends and I are thinking of starting a cooking club and this will certainly be included. Ok I really digress. While that was cooking, I made some hard boiled eggs and boiled carrots for the boys. The eggs are part of my high protein snacking plan. Also I'm trying to recreate Starbuck's protein box which is yum but is like $6 a box. This includes a half of a raisin English muffin, two slices of sharp cheddar cheese and a hard boiled egg. The carrots will be their first foray into the world of taste and texture. Not my first choice of food but hopefully they'll like it. So after one night of prepping, lets hope i have a little less crazy of a day tomorrow. Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?