Monday, November 23, 2009

13.1 & 27


T-minus 12 days until the Chief Ladiga half marathon. The culmination of the past 6 months of getting back into shape. I went from barly being able to job 1 mile to now being on the verge of 13.1. You would think I would be super fit and slim by this point, but the horrid eating habits of football season havent helped. I have however shed the 2.5 lbs I initially gained when I picked up the miliage a few months ago. I'd like to lose 10 more to get back to wedding weight. Hopefully I can do that during the winter months, even though it requires much more treadmill time than I like. Running outside is way more interesting. So with my goal approaching, the next hurdle will be the Mercedes half in Feb. I have NO aspirations to go for a whole at this point. I do this because I enjoy running: however, I think the half will push my line of enjoyment enough, we dont need to add to it.



In other news, I turn 27 this week. On Thanksgiving. Im pretty thrilled that my b'day lands on thanksgiving this year. Its' tradition in my family that the birthday gal gets to choose the meal we eat on their special day. My fav meal is my grandmother's cooking, and since we get that on Thanksgiving anyways, I'm set. However, I am not enthused about turning 27. I know I'm weird, but I have a disdain for odd numbered years. 25 was alright because it's a milestone; a quarter of a century. My 23rd bday was just plain fun because I was in Dublin. So, the oddness of it got lost in pints of Guiness. 21-no need to expain why that one didnt bother me. Yet, 27 does. Maybe the fact that its divisable my 9 and 3.  Two odd numbers make it double odd. Or, the fact that when you add 2 + 7, you get 9, again odd. I dont know why this gets me bothered, but I do realize I am really the odd one here. So, i'm glad my bday is on Thanksiving, so I can eat myself into forgetting about this odd year that I will soon be entering into.

1 comment:

  1. i think you have a numbers complex. just decide if you're going to have 3 drinks or nine and quit worrying about it. and let jordan proof your posts... job?

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?