Sunday, April 4, 2010

Adventures in Tattooing: Part II

Happy Easter by the way. We had a fun day of family, food, easter eggs hunts for adults, gin rummy and yes, more tattooing. I ate too much (as usual) and was able to enjoy the outdoors with Jordan while playing cards on our new table out back. For some reason, his new favorite game is gin rummy, so we play for a dollar a game. Even though we dont actually give each other a dollar. What's with men and needing to put a dollar value on everything? degenerates. So, after i kicked some ass in cards, I made a huge pot of potato soup, then headed back to tattoo jungle for round two of Wes gets a tattoo.

 
This time went much smoother. First, oddly enough, we were the only patrons of the establishment on Easter sunday (shocking). We had to wait a small while for the dude to draw up his design, during which I had a fantastic discussion with the other artist about Kat von Deese being a complete sellout. Finally, it was tattoo time. I still cant find my camera charger (im thinking mardi gras is to blame for that one), but luckily I had Wes' iphone to photo document the experience.
 
The design is ready to go
 
 
getting to work
 
It only took this guy like 20 mins, and he did a great job.
 
 
Finished! Ok, let me explain. The script stands for Proverbs 24:16, which states "for though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again, but the wicked are brought down by calamity." So, the seven arrows on top depict "falling down" 7 times, and the there are 8 arrows going up, suggesting rising up again. I thought this was a very pointant tattoo to get on Easter sunday actually. Hopefully Wes is happy with it, bc i think it turned out really cool.

By the way, I hit up CVS early this morning, and def made off with some loot for SUPER cheap. I wish I had my camera to show the pile, but i'll run in by ya:

-2 head & shoulder shampoos
-1 Panteen shampoo, 1 Panteen conditioner
-1, 38 count box of Tampax
-1, 18 count box of Tampax 
-2 Pedialytes
-1 box of Colgate toothpaste
-1 pack of gummbi bears (Jordan's easter present)
-2 packs of Twizlers (my easter present)

Total before coupons: $55.30
Total Spent: $6.35
Total saved: $48.95, I feel pretty good about that!

2 comments:

  1. CVS was very much on my to do list today, but I never left the house. Maybe I'll get by there Monday. Did you see the contact solution too? Its Free after EB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt have the solution on my list, but i should have! I'll have to return, yay! I also should have mentioned, I LEFT with 11 ECB! Thanks teacher!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?