Sunday, April 18, 2010

Home away from Home

Have you ever dealt with a cat that swallowed a stool softener? That happened today. Both Jordan and I were about to leave the house and we see Spencer running by us, foaming at the mouth. We both looked at each other very confused. Last time Spencer foamed at the mouth was when he knocked over my shampoo in the bathtub, laid in it, and then licked his belly. Jordan took off after the cat, and I searched for what he got into. It didnt take long to find the pill he had been eating. Looks like we need to do some child cat proofing. Spence ran under our bed, and since we were both running late to our prospective sunday events, we had to leave and hope for the best. One can assume though, that anytime a stool softener is consumed, nothing will end well. Indeed, Jordan was the first home, and also the one who had to clean up the shit the followed. Happy sunday.

Saturday, however, was quite nice. I spent friday night at camp sumatanga, which is my home away from home. I posted around this time last year that the camp was in serious financial troubles. Since then a very very generous donor paid off the camp's debt, and because of which, it has been able to thrive again. After a long and exhausting week, it was awesome to get away. I was getting together with some people I have been volunteering with for over 10 years. Wes and I were even campers together back in Elementary School. I didnt take any pics of the group this trip, but we took some about two months ago when we went up there to visit:

me, pete, wes, holli, alison, little man noah
camp is beautiful in the winter
wes and noah
the camp hearth
We all stayed at the guest house this weekend. All the buildings have new shiny signs
The Sounds of Sumantanga festival was going on as we were leaving on saturday. There were Methodist groups from all over arriving at camp. 

Another long week coming up

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?