What an afternoon. A 18 hole golf game that should have taken around 4 hours turned into a 9 hole game in 5. That summer shower I was asking for, I actually got it. However, I got more than I bargained for. We stopped twice for rain torrential downpours, and each time we continued, it was more humid than ever. Needless to say, I am exhausted. However, I promised a post, and I need to detail my trip to Minn. (two weeks ago...) so here we go.
Minneapolis is a hidden gem of a city. I absolutely loved it. However, I did go during their two months of decent weather. I couldnt handle their winters. Our headquarters is in downtown Minn, and I was there for a professional dev conference. It turns out that Ameriprise is the largest employer in the city, which was impressive. While there,we took in tons of sites. The Twins were playing one night in their new stadium, so we walked by and took a look see.
Ferg and I outside of Target Field. I look like an oompa loompa against Fergus' Irish self.
This was a tennis court in the middle of downtown, different.
Outside our building
Fantastic mural on the side of a building
We also went to a fantastic British pub cleverly named Brit's pub. The coolest part about this place was the lawn bowling area on the roof. Basically they have bocce ball leagues. Very neat.
The second night Ferg and I wanted to do something random and fun, so what do we do? Bowl of course. A quick cab ride across the Mississippi river put us at the most awesome (straight out of the 1950's) bowling alley.
In conclusion, it was a great break from reality and a chance to see a very neat city. Where to next?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts?