I feel I can say without too much judgement that im a relatively educated woman with a broad worldview and a more than basic background on politcal matters. However, regardless of my intellectual capacity, I really have no desire to vote tomorrow. The ONLY thing that would compell me to go is the thought of the women that spent their lives working for my right to do so. But, honestly, I dont really see the need. I feel educated, but not on the issues. Can someone just give me a handout that details for me their opinions on certain matters, or an outline of propsed amendments? I dont have time to seach out this info. Yet, im suppose to feel guilty if I dont go? Is it worse to vote uneducated on the issues, or to not go at all? And when did I get so politically apathetic? Prob college. Or, maybe its because ive been watching very annoying political adds for months. Maybe because I see no point in voting for the lesser of two evils. Alabama politcs needs to spice it up, im bored.
Sincerely,
politically disengaged.
However, in honor of attempting to get past apathy, I bring you a special voting day public service announcement.
(Halloween post below)
I couldn't agree more. I am so glad to just not have to listen to politicians on the radio anymore! I just want to vote against all politicians! They are all corrupt. But.... I voted anyways, for the (hopefully) lesser of two evils.
ReplyDelete