Monday, May 16, 2011

Pure Barre

I haven't taken a dance class since I gave it up for soccer in first grade. However, I was invited to a "ballet" class this past Saturday as part of Pure Barre's free class in the park series. If you haven't heard of this yet, it's a new workout fad in Birmingham, and maybe elsewhere, I dont know. Basically, it is isometric focused workout that is usually done in a studio with a ballet bar. In the park, we had to improvise, but it was still no joke of a workout. The abs stuff was hard because I lack strength in that area, but the rest of it wasnt so bad. I was sore as hell for the next two days, but I can see how it would really tone someone if they did it weekly.



I got these from the pure barre website. I am in these photos, but i look ridiculous, so feel free to find me if you wish. I might try this class again in their gym, just to see what a real class is like. Overall, I'd rather go for a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?