Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Cat Fail

In the past few months we have transitioned our pets to different lifestyles to prepare for the babes. The dogs are no longer allowed upstairs and the cats have been banished to the basement/outside. This has worked well for the past few months. However today we reached a whole new level of banishment for the cats.

I worked from home this afternoon to rest and prepare for our trip to Florida starting tomorrow afternoon. We had some carpet guys come to replace the pad in our finished basement. Long story short- the lady we bought the house from said she had all new carpets put in, but she must have neglected the pads, because before we moved our cats down there,we had the carpets steamed and it smelled like 100 animals had peed all over that carpet. Nasty.

So, I walked the carpet guys downstairs to show them the room that needed the pad replaced. As I opened the door all I see are feathers, Everywhere! Damn those cats and their killing instinct. So, I find the bird, get rid of it, and start vacuuming up feathers (which doesn't work in case you were wondering) Meanwhile, the guys start moving furniture out of the room so they can do their thing. As i'm vacuuming one of them taps me on the shoulder and points to the other side of the room. Dead squirrel. Really dead squirrel. SO GROSS. Im frantically trying to figure out how to get rid of this thing the most sanitized way possible, and also apologize to them for the grossness. Clearly, we dont use this room nearly enough.

Needless to say, the cats are now banished to the outdoors and the unfinished part of the basement. No carpet for cats. Although I have a feeling with Ellie's hunting need, we havent seen the end of special presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?