Sunday, February 1, 2009

UFC 94



Last night we went over to Cristin and Sean's to watch UFC 94, specifically the matchup between BJ Penn (top) and George St. Pierre (bottom). This is def one of the most anticipated mixed martial arts fights in a very long time. BJ is considered a prodigy and GSP has a statuesque body with amazing endurance. I know many of you wonder how and why I get into this sport which seems like a brutal testoterone fest. However, when you know about the types of marital arts and training that is involved, this is not the 80's WWE wrestling, and it is def not fake. What is wonderful
about mma is that these guys arn't
trying to kill each other. It is a show of skill and sportsmanship. I guess I appreciate the skill and development that goes into this sport, especially now that I am trying to train in muay thai. It's not easy, and it is one of the most physically exhasuting exercises I have ever attemped. (It is giving preseason soccer a run for its money).

Well, the fight was a bit of a let down considering the mass buildup. BJ obviously was not ready to take on the master that is GSP. He looked slow, out of shape, and didnt seem like he wanted to be there. This was most eveident by him throwing in the towel right before the last round. He talked to much smack about quitting before the fight that it is quite ironic that he did just that. Fighting is such a headgame, that although he is a brilliant fighter, I wouldnt be surprised if we dont see him for a while. I would be embarrassed too if I were him.

So, enough about fighting. I have been so lazy all weekend, and really dont nothing but eat and sleep, and watch TV. Sometimes you just need a disturbingly lazy weekend. Jordan surprised me this morning with take out cracker barrel for breakfast, and I could really get use to that! So I am going to enjoy the rest of the Super Bowl sunday not doing much of anything. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?