
On top of chandler mountain looking over camp and the surrounding mtns.

The trail leading up the mtn.

The Chapel on top of the mtn, and Wes having a reflective moment. Many "warm-fuzzy" weddings happened here.

Inside the lodge at Elementary Camp

The creek running through camp
This past Saturday I headed up to Gallant, AL to one of my favorite places on earth, Camp Sumatanga. Before I was a working woman, I would spend a week each summer being a counselor for elementary school kids, and those years are some of my fondest memories. This was a bittersweet trip because camp is in financial distress right now and might close after August if it cant raise enough capital. So, before everyone got there, me and my friend Wes met and just walked around camp reminiscing. Hence the lovely pics. Hopefully somehow camp will survive this market downturn, and what was apparently years of financial mismangement. So, this week while im working away, i'll be thinking about capture the flag, night swim, cookouts, and being outdoors all day long. Save Sumantanga!!!
Save Sumatanga on Facebook
This is so sad, I LOVE that place. I hope someone just buys it and keeps it the same!
ReplyDelete