pre-race
Even though the race kicked off at 7pm, the humidity was still insane. The course was actually really fun (for about 2 miles) because it felt like an old school cross country course, weaving through the woods on Honda's off road trail. After the second mile, it started getting way too hot. I try not to walk during races, especially when its just a 5k, but yesterday my body said no. And, as I was contemplating letting my race goo come back up, a 90 pound lady pushing a double stroller zooms past me. uuggh, so i didnt walk for long. I finished in 35 mins and some change. About 5 mins away from a PR, but that wasnt in the cards for this race, I just wanted to finish.
After, I was not so pretty:
my face stayed red for a good 3 hours.
Fergus really wanted to see where he placed. This is the scoring van, and he was stalking it.
Honda's Alabama leadership team. The CEO is on the back row, second from the left. Apparently, the Japanese love to give prizes, so not only did the top 3 overall males and females get medals, so did the top 3 in each age group for each gender. Fergus got second in his age group, so we stayed around for him to be called up
Overall, fun race despite the heat. I will def do this one again.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts?