Saturday, July 4, 2009

Let's Recap




I haven't been in a huge posting mood lately, but i'm here at Greystone early on the Fourth of July, waiting for my Ipod to charge so I can go for a run, so I guess i'll recap whats been goin on. Last weekend I went on a girls trip with my mom and sisters down to SanDestin and the Baytown Wharf area. I actually have a few others pics to share from this, but I left the connector thing for my camera at home, so i'll show those later. It was nice to get away from Bham and spend some time laying out and shopping. Upon my return it was hard to get back into the swing of life (as it always is after a vaca) so work this week was slow and uneventful, and really rather annoying. In my business summer is slow because no one really wants to talk about their finances when they could be beach or poolside with a drink in hand. Me included. That will pick up after a while, but until then, we soldier on.

Yesterday, on a lovely day off, I took an "ultimate energy" class with my mom at St. Vincents 119 (otherwise known to me and my sisters as the "workout meca" bc it is an unbelievable facility) The class kicked my ass, lets me honest, i'm nowhere near in shape. I realized, while i was huffing using a 8lb weight during intervals, that it has been nearly 5 years since I have put on soccer cleats and been fit. So, as grown women were out crunching me, I decided that I must try to regain my past healthy self. This is a realization I come to about once a week, so maybe this time it will stick...

Post workout we hit the pool where i started reading the book I hope they serve beer in hell. Thanks Cristin, once again you come through. What a gem, but so wrong on so many levels at the same time. Unless you have a high tolerance for crude language and easily offensive stories, dont even give it a thought. But if you are ok with that, then it will make you laugh out loud. I also soon realize it has a following...

Post poolside, I continued my day of leisure by reading this piece of literature, if we can call it that, on the greystone porch, enjoying a diet coke, and waiting for Jordan to get there so we could hit the driving range (I know, dont even say it). As, as i'm laughing out loud by myself, a golfer comes up to me and says he couldnt help but notice my laughter and what I was reading. For a split second, I was completely mortified, because this book is THAT crude, and I was pretty embarrassed to be caught reading it. Luckily, he continued by exclaiming that it was the "best damn book he has read in a while" and I think was thoroughly excited to ask what part I was reading, and to tell me that he read it for the first time in an airport and got really bad looks from most of the people around him. After that everyone on the patio wanted to know what book he was talking about, and what the deal was with the book. Oh god. So, ive decided no more reading Tucker Max in public, it just draws too much unecessary attention. On a side note, I just realized they are making a movie out of it, and it comes out Sept. 25th of this year. Wow.

Ok, so post book trauma, the day was great, nice weather, not bad golfing, and I increased my base tan. Bring on Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?