"You must immerse yourself in an unfamiliar world in order to truly understand your own."
Monday, May 24, 2010
Outbreak!
This morning I felt just as lethargic as I did yesterday. Thinking I was just still tired from the weekend, i managed to get up and drag myself to work. However, once at my desk, I realized something was just not right. My chest got tight, breathing seemed to get more difficult, and I became quite uncomfortable. I do not like going to the dr, but after calling Jordan, I realized this is one time I should prob go. So, an hour later I was getting a steroid shot, benadryl, steroid pills, and cream. I, my friends, have my first case of poison oak.
Yes, I might have thought the bumps were bug bites...or that I was just tired from being overworked, but now that its spread all over my neck and its itching like crazy, i realize its not chiggers. I was telling the nurse that ive been out in the woods at camp or playing in my backyard my whole life, and have never gotten poison oak or ivy or anything. She immediately asked if I had cats. Yes... Do they go outside? Yes...,(ive been trying to give them more outside independence.) Do you hold them on your right shoulder when you pick them up? (where all the rash is located) Yes. Your cats gave you poison oak. WHAT?!? So now Ellie is on outside probation until this goes away. kitties......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am feeling your pain! and so glad you are okay! That is so scary!! I have gotten poison _____ (fill in the blank) for 3 years now because of my animals! We have decided to get rid of all poison ivy in our yard, but my sweet kitty goes outside the boundaries so I just can't love her anymore until the winter. (She's a outside/garage only kitty).
ReplyDelete