lobby
heeyo, there were 3 tv's in my room (my fav, the one in the bathroom)
Patrick had dinner reservations at two different places for us each night (loved the choices). The first night, a place called First at the hotel. It overlooked the Treasure Island pirate show on the strip.
our view from the restaurant
they are very excited to be in vegas
right before i had the best mojito known to man. Sparkling wine was involved, it will be replicated.
The next two days were filled with conference, pool, slots, dinner, blackjack, & repeat. We did learn alot about what types of metals clients can purchase, how, when, ect. They even had a 12 million dollar reception for us, which was all of us in a room with over 12 mill in gold, silver, palladium, platinum and sunken treasure. It was pretty cool. I won a Carson City Morgan Silver Dollar. The history nut in me when a bit nuts on that one.
Dinners were the most fun as we checked out some of the best Vegas had to offer. First was my fav from our last trip, Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill. On the menu for the night:
App:
GOAT CHEESE “QUESO FUNDIDO”
Rajas + Blue Corn Tortilla Strips
Entree:
SOUTHWESTERN SPICED DUCK BREAST
Carrot-Habanero Sauce
Chorizo-Goat Cheese Tamale + Thyme Butter
yummmm
The next night we tried out Mario Batali's B&B,
on the menu:
App: Rabbit Confit Crostone with Favas and House Made Ricotta
Entree: Beef Cheek Ravioli with Black Truffles and Crushed Duck Liver
We also did a good bit of exploring the strip, plus we had to walk off all the calories we had consumed
As I said, we spent a good amount of time by the pool. I took this pic during our lunch break. David and I were being cool in our business suits at the pool, when we realized the sign behind the lifeguard. Can you read it? It says no lifeguard on duty. Vegas might be cool, but no one said it was smart.
View of Trump towers from the pool
view from hotel room, hey mtns.
Before we left, David and I had a mission. To find the pawn shop from the history channel's pawn stars and get Chumlee's autograph. So, we go the address, got in a cab and took off for South las vegas. Success!
But our success was short lived. Turns out they film on Fridays, so we were quickly turned away. I cant even explain how bummed out we were. Not only did we waste $30 to get there and back, we didnt even get to see the guys. However, we did get a good view of their filming.
pretty cool.
So, that was Vegas. After this trip, I def want to go back. However, it would be much more fun with girlfriends. Any takers?
So, that was Vegas. After this trip, I def want to go back. However, it would be much more fun with girlfriends. Any takers?
Me ME! and you def have to figure out how to make that mojito and teach me!
ReplyDeleteme too! meeeee toooooo!
ReplyDeleteI want to go to Vegas SOOOOO BADLY!!! Seriously I am down!
ReplyDeleteI want to go! I don't think I would enjoy it with boys who just want to gamble.
ReplyDelete