Thursday, May 27, 2010

Reflections from the Hammock

Its Thursday afternoon and beautiful, so I got home from work and went to my special place: our new hammock. Ellie is next to me checking out the wilderness (a.k.a our backyard). I actually just had a client call, and I discussed business from my hammock. This leads me to the assumption that as long as I have a computer, why cant all non face to face work be done from the hammock. As summer progresses, this may become hard to resist. Golf is also hard for me to resist right now. All I want to do is leave work around 3 and go walk 9 holes. I must stay focussed. I regress.

So, as I reflect on this week, a few things come to mind. First, the season finale of Lost was sunday.


Since I was in my poison oak coma, i didnt watch it until Tuesday. It gets a lackluster: ehhhh. I was over Lost about 2 seasons ago, when it started getting all science fictiony. The finale was all emotional and character driven, which they needed to do a few seasons ago when i lost interest. Loving the last summer marketing campaign though. The show's ending had extreme religious context, so it really made sense. Jordan and I had lengthy discussion after, of course, since he is a die hard fan. He was one of those that followed all the Darma Initiative stuff online. yeah. So, my real reflection is just i'm glad its over, and its one less show I now have to follow.

Another show that will soon end is The Tudors.


We are on Katherine Parr, the last wife, and Henry's health is obviously failing. This being my fav historical period, I will miss it being reenacted for me weekly. If anyone remembers Nip Tuck, you will certainly recognize wife #6. I wish Showtime would almost skip Mary and Elizabeth, and go straight to William and Mary, lesser know historical figures. Or maybe King James or Victoria. I guess there's just not enough sexcapades with that bunch. At least we still have Weeds and Dexter.

I wonder if I could camp out on my Hammock.....?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?