Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010 Must See Movies

Before I give my list, I must review the most recent viewing.


The King's Speech- If you find yourself with 2 hours to spare and are around the Vestavia Rave, I would HIGHLY recommend you go see this one.  Actually, see Black Swan first to get the crazy out of the way because this one will be a great neutralizer. It takes us back to 1934 at the death of King George V of England. As many of you know, the next in line was his son David who took the thrown for a year, but abdicated to marry the American divorce. What I didnt know was that his younger brother ,Albert (Current Queen's dad) had a very serious speech stammer, making it almost impossible to speak in public. So, the story is about his speech therapist, their relationship, and his leadership on the onset of WWII. You will love it if: 1) you love British history 2) you love Jeffery Rush 3) you love Colin Firth 4) you love Helen Bonham Carter 5)You love all things British Royalty. If I know many of my friends, all those are going to be checked!

This brings me to my movie picks of 2010 in order by my favorite:

1) Black Swan
2) The King's Speech
3) Young Victoria
4) Harry Potter DH part 1
4) The Social Network
5) Get him to the Greek

I think those are the must sees of this year. There are some I haven't had a chance to see yet.

1) Sex & The City 2- I came out of the first movie vowing I would not see the sequel if they made it bc I knew they would ruin it. So far, promise kept. Although I will prob watch it over the holidays to be entertained slightly. I'd really just rather watch the whole series again.

2) Iron man 2- love scarlett Jo, love Robert Downy, love gweneth. AND, the first one was actually good.

3) Grown ups- it just looked funny

4) Eat, Pray, Love- i got bored with the book about halfway through india, but i wouldnt mind giving the movie a try even thought JR bothers me at times.

Bring it in 2011 Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?