Terms of Endearment- secretly added this one to our que, and when nothing was on tv last night, i moved in for a win. I NEVER get to watch anything that resembles a chick flick over here. Unless it's been nominated for an Oscar, Roger Ebert gave it at least 4 stars, or it has subtitles, im not watching it. So, when it was agreed this would fly, I was really happy. Unfortunately for me, I end up a balling mess by the end of the movie. But damn, I love me some Shirley McClain.
Kingpin- I think there was nothing else on netflix. Other than Bill Murray, I was bored.
Alice in Wonderland (new version)- was pleasantly surprised at how Tim Burton mixed "Through the looking glass" and "Return to Wonderland" in one movie. For a Disney flix, I was impressed and entertained.
The Wild and Wonderful Whites from West Virginia- A MUST SEE (if you are ok with extremely disfunctional redneck families in an impovershed yet drug-filled mining town) This true story is over the top crazy, and I think a good flic for the holidays if you think your family is messed up. They will top you. This is Jordan's brother's doing during the Thanksgiving holiday. Ive never laughed and been so sad for one family at the same time. (Johnny Knoxville produced...)
Cropsy-J's documentary kick continues with this very very disturbing story from New York. It details the search for several small children who vanished over the course of a decade near an old insane asylum. They pin it on one of the workers, but really never prove his guilt, however he is sentenced. Its more the unveiling of the conditions at this old mental institute that gives you the chills. Watch at your own risk.
The Young Victoria- actually had to watch this one solo, as I couldnt get J on board. HOWEVER, i might need to see it again asap. It's my new fav. Remember, I listened to that 18 hr documentary on CD earlier this year on the history of Victoria and Albert (well i did), and it details her younger years well. Well, i have a sincere obsession with all that is historic English royalty, so this was like christmas morning for me. Im also a new Emily Blunt fan (I was swept off my feet like most with The Devil wears Prada) Im told I need to see the dutchess. Is this based on a non-fictional book? I need to read it if so.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- was just awesome. no other words needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts?