Thursday, March 31, 2011

NYC- Part II

Yet another amazing day in the big apple. I actually attented the conference I came here for during the morning and mid afternoon. Luckily for me, it was a short meeting. So, although it was chilly and slightly rainy, I just couldnt stay in. So, i threw on the joggers and headed out to explore. I ran past ground zero and the massive construction currently being done.
 They have a store you can go into and view what the memorial and area will look like once it's finished. Its quite amazing. Where the two towers were, there will be two square sunken areas in the ground. They might have water in them, i couldnt tell. very moving.

 Then I ran around to the New York Stock Exchange. I couldnt come all this way and not check out wall street. I was there about 15 minutes before the market closed, but from the street, one would have no idea. Apparently Amheiser Bush brought a Budweiser horse to ring the opening bell this morning. Hate i missed that. I think ran back around to the hotel. Lovely jog. I then shifted gears and went uptown to meet more BSC friends Clay and Kristen. They snagged some awesome tixs to watch Bama play Wichita state in the NIT Championship Game tnight, and were awesome to include me in the fun. By awesome seats, im talking courtside with the boys. It was one of the coolest things ive ever done.



Unfortuantely, we lost.
But it was still so worth it just to be there.


Sadly, the NYC leg on my trip is almost up. However, time to shift gears and get away from this frigid city. I'll see you tomorrow sunny Florida!

1 comment:

  1. Such amazing seats! Looks like you've had a great time, can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?