Friday, August 28, 2009

Arrived

So i'm here safe and sound. I spent yesterday walking around dublin, getting my irish cell phone active, and getting acclimated to the time. I had lunch with my good friend Deidre almost right when i arrived. She is working on her PhD in Women's Studies. I even got a chance to go back to the Centre and see her office. Thanks Dee for letting me use the internet! 

I managed to beat my jet lag, something I have always failed to do. The trick: staying up till midnight of the day you arrived. Well, i arrived at 9:30am, so its not an easy task. Especially since I slept maybe an hour on the plane. But, i persevered and now i'm sitting at Andrew's parents breakfast table awake and ready to go. I woke up this morning with sunshine pouring in the window, and when i looked out, it was a gorgeous view of the Irish hills. Andrew said County Monahan is known for its little hills, and they gorgeous.

Last night we had a fantastic dinner at their country club with his parents. I think the wine from dinner also helped me sleep last night, hence allowed me to get in irish time. 

Andrew and I are about to embark on our road trip, and hopefully i'll have some pictures to post soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?