"You must immerse yourself in an unfamiliar world in order to truly understand your own."
Monday, August 17, 2009
Results Arn't In
I ran my second 5k this weekend: the Lori Johnson Memorial 5k at Greystone. My goal on this one was not a time, but just to finish without stopping. I had not trained as well, and the course was much harder. Surprisingly though, I did finish without stopping and got around the same time as the last race (30 mins plus some secs). I dont have the final results yet, bc they haven't been posted, so I cant say for sure how I fared. So, I know many people will hate me for saying this, but i'm going to try and run a 5k a month. Its not really helping me loose weight (for all those haters) bc i still eat whatever i want, but it does make me happy to start and finish something challenging on a monthly basis. SO... the next race is...
This one might be a little difficult seeing that i get back from Ireland two days before the race, but i'm going to give it a try. Speaking of the trip, I am currently looking for a "pack" to take. I dont want to take a suitcase because Ill be traveling around alot, and I would really like something I dont have to check on the plane. And the cheapest, biggest one I can find it this one:
The North Face Base Camp Duffle: $110-160. Folks, this is a cool looking bag, but frankly, I dont want to pay over $100 for this. Id really rather not pay anything. So, anyone have one of these (or something similar) I can borrow? Comments welcome. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts?