Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The (time) traveling wife

In an effort to make blogging even more fun for all while i'm overseas, I have found this googlemaps gidget that allows me to post my specific location in Ireland straight to my blog. cool, huh? Normally this would be done with my blackberry, but I wont have that with me, so andrew's mac will have to do. I dont plan on continuing this when I return, or even using it while i'm here, this is just a trip gidget, then its gone. I really dont want you crazy people knowing where I am at all times.

(Homemade map of trip's rough draft intinerary)

On that note, the itinerary for the trip is almost complete, and I did find a duffle thanks to my business partner, Daniel. Part I will be with Andrew venturing around the north and northwest of the country for almost the first week. Then back to Dublin to visit with the Dublin Central Rotary Club for a night on the town. Part II will include a train ride down to Cork to spend time on the beach with my feminist girls, drinking wine and exploring the south. Part III, back to Dublin to hit up the old hot spots, then back to the states. Wow, ive been looking forward to this trip for over 2 years. I cant wait. It's strange to live somewhere long enough to start to feel at home, only to leave soon after. So, visiting is quite bittersweet.

On another note, ive gotten alot of crap when I tell people I'm going over by myself. Any other time, especially on a trip abroad, Jordan and I would go together. Traveling together is one of our favorite things to do. However, this trip is a bit different, because it is all about visiting people that helped me feel at home in a foriegn place. Special friends that God placed along my trip specifically to help me through the journey. So, this visit is all about seeing them again and exploring their beautiful country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?