Last week, on my way home from work, I got a very frantic call from Jordan telling me that we had a bit of a problem. He let our cat, Ellie, into the garage to play and the next thing he tells me is that a bat flew down and was circling the basement. Jordan ran out the door, leaving our poor cat to fend her herself. Luckily, she is the hunter of our two and was fine. So, when I got home, we got in my car and drove down to the basement to examine the bat situation from a safe location. This is what we saw:
In the top of this picture are not one, but TWO bats handing from our ceiling. Once we saw this site, we FREAKED out. Neither of us wanted to get out of the car to open the other garage door or get a rake to swat them out. We couldnt decide what to do, so we went into investigation mode. I of course called Jensi (my wildlife expert friend) and explained the situation. She thought it odd that they wern't hunting at night, but otherwise told us to just leave the garage door open. Jordan called a local wildlife service to see what we needed to do. They of course wanted to come out and charge us to get them. Our moms were also called to find out what other options we had to get these suckers out without getting ourselves rabies. After we had left the garage doors open for a about an hour, and the house was getting way too cold, we went back down to investigate. This time Jordan was in the car, and I came into the garage from the inside (with a large coat over my head) to get a better look. This is what I saw:
That my friends, is duck tape.
House: 1 Jeris and Jordan: 0
how on earth did you repeatedly mistake duct tape for bats? I think you guys need your eyes checked.
ReplyDeleteWith the lighting in the garage and the fact that we were viewing it from the inside of the car, I swear, we were thoroughly convinced.
ReplyDelete