After only about 6 weeks of semi-serious training, i managed to check another first off my list, which was to run a half marathon. I am not an amazing athlete, I just mentally pushed my body further than it wanted to physically go. I can actually say i was more nervous about Bama playing Flordia that I was about tackling 13.1 miles. I know it sounds insane, but I had a fun time. I dont think that the Mercedes run will be as fun because this one was a straight shot run, whereas Bham is quite hilly. That said, I still couldnt walk right until yesterday, and I have taken this week off from running entirely. I'll get back in the game this sunday morning at 6:30am at the Lakeshore Trail if anyone is interested.....
Finishing the last mile (I am second on the left), if i am smiling here, i was faking happy
Sporting some rad metals, and chowing down on peanut butter sandwiches and fig newtons after the race. By the way, if anyone has picked up the new B-metro magazine in Bham, my new running friend Mindy (tourquise jacket) is on the cover!
Freezing, about to head home
I finished 4th (out of 6th) in my age group and 77 out of 103 overall with a time of 2:16. Bring it on Red Nose Run.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts?