Friday, October 29, 2010

Moving Forward

I have not been good about posting lately. However, during my absence, I do have very exciting news.  After a LONG process of job hunting in this gross economy, J is finally employed! Thrilled is not even strong enough to describe my glee. A few months ago he began speaking/interviewing with a mergers and acquisition company locally. It was a connection made through Rotary (continually grateful for all things Rotary/Rotaract) They had just raised a significant amount of capital and were looking to purchase several companies to ultimately "flip." They wanted to teach Jordan the ropes of the business world by inserting him into different roles within these companies over the next few years. With the idea that he will then be able to go into the M&A world in the future. I call it an on the job MBA, but it's also called an amazing opportunity. So, he started this week at Crystal Springs Water, and he will be their sales manager. Obviously this is some serious on the job learning since im pretty sure he didnt take a sales class in law school, but he is very ready for the challenge. Its so fantastic to see him re-energized and motivated. For me its a huge weight off my shoulders after being the sole breadwinner for almost four years now. So, this weekend I will be celebrating this good news and spending Halloween weekend with good friends. Tonight: Halloween party at Laura's, tomorrow: watching football and playing with Erin & Hill.  Both events: going as snookie.  Pictures will def follow. Bring it cristin.

And Happy Friday.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I hope your doing well! I gave you a blog award today.. check it out over on my page!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?