Ive been absent lately, i know. But for good reasons. And yes, there are several. This has been the worse week of 2010 on record. Why? you ask. Lets recap, shall we?
First, I spent last Saturday over a toilet after eating way too many hot wings (i thought supporting a charity was suppose to fele good...?) And then Bama lost. I havnt been able to listen to Fienbaum all week as a result. And I kinda like Fienbaum (one of my guilty pleasures). Although bad, i should have relished in the weekend more bc the week was just getting started.
Monday was actually decent. Normal work day, then a lovely evening at The Club for my Rotaract Board meeting. Also my pledge sister Samantha had her beautiful baby Sam on Monday, so things were really looking up...or so I thought.
Tuesday is when things start to go downhill. First, im way stressed because the first test for my CFP (Certified Financial Planner) designation is Thursday, so im trying to studying between working, and that never works. Then the VP of our office comes in and lays some seriously shitty work news on me that I have no control over (no job loss, but an office move that was not expected nor justified) Im full of feminist fury and drive home to study with my pup for the rest of the day.
Wednesday was a day of random learning about Shelby County. One of my fab co-workers put my name in for Leadership Shelby County and I got selected. Its actually a really awesome program, but im already stressed and overwhelmed, can I add one more thing? apparently. I'll have to have another post about this, bc we learned all about the history of Shelby County and i LOVED it. That evening I had another event at The Club where I had to come into contact with the Vp I was not happy with. Luckily, I have the best clients in the world and they made me happy that night.
This leads me to today. I havn't mentioned that Ive been getting up at like 5am every morning this to study, bc when the hell else am I going to do this? Note: im not a morning person. But, im feeling good about my test, so i get ready for work and head in at a record 7:00am to study some more. On the way in, the B starts really acting up. Not cool. I detour to Cahaba Heights and the take it in. Luckily, David, my business partner is the coolest guy ever, and picked me up on work on his way in. I take my test, pass it with an 88%! Holla! Good news! Then... have to move offices. If anyone knows me, they know I am most proud of few things, and one of them is earning my own office. Having this taken away from me without justification, once again, was such a blow. But, by today, I decided to take the high road and earn it back once again. Plus, im closer to the bathroom now.
After an exhausting week, all i could think of was margs, so Jordan picked me up at work (my cars needs like $600 worth of work, im not thinking about that right now), and we headed over the Superior Grill. Lucky for us it was free buffet and happy hour drinks night. WHOOOO>! Just what I needed.
In summation, the week has sucked, but in true Jordan style, I was rejuvenated by another one of his awesome internet finds. Enjoy.
Heading to Hunstville to play with Jensi and Liv this weekend, pics to follow on Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts?