Sunday, January 2, 2011

Saving Mula


I forgot to mention in my previous post, that I took a huge nose dive into couponing this year. I wasn't too over the top with it, but I did manage to save a good deal of money (buying the same things I had been purchasing). This year will be no different, however I am going to not overwhelm myself with it each Sunday like I have been doing. I also have some year end totals for us:

CVS: saved $989
Publix: saved $1,300 (appx)
On-line shopping: saved $250 (this year i did do some clothes shopping online when Lands End, express, nine west, or whoever was having major sales with free shipping.)

I could find a place for an extra 2,500 bones couldn't you? . I also got ALOT of (random) free stuff in the mail including: a golf grip, lots of tampons, shampoo, dog & cat food, body wash, summer sausage (not a joke), toilet paper, chocolate milk and raisins. This year I will be following three blogs: Hip2save, southern savers, and  i heart publix. They are pretty redundant, but I like things about each one. The Hip2save chick posts ALL THE TIME. She says she has three kids, but im pretty sure she also has an assistant, bc no one should be able to find all those sales, post and have a life. The Southern Saver lady has good matches on CVS and Publix deals, and the I heart publix lady just updated her grocery list, so it's really easy to print and take to the store. For those of you with kids, I dont think these ladies spend hardly anything on diapers, so you should really check them out, from what I can tell, those nappies arn't cheap.

I am also hosting another couponing seminar this year (prob in Feb). I did this for my clients (and many friends came) last year and got great response. I brought in a lady who is an expert in stockpiling to teach us some things. I need to implement more of her strategy, but she is feeding a big family, and I just dont need that much stuff lying around. However, she was great. Ok, since it's Sunday, guess I better get to it. Gotta save more dollar dollar bills yall.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! So much money!!
    I have really slowed on my couponing.... Everything I was eating and using became so picky that coupons weren't really helping me. I was buying things I didn't need... I need to give it another try. Maybe today!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?