Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Season 52 Road Warrior

Im back! This has seemed like a week's worth of traveling squished into 3 days. There were some fun parts. Dinner at Seasons 52 Monday night was so much fun. I had never heard of this place, but every entree, app and dessert on the whole menu is under 475 calories. I'm down with that. Why cant we have one of these in bama?
They bring this dessert tray to your table and you can choose from any of these. I just took ONE, the mango cheesecake, but it was hard not to go for more.


Back to Bham Monday night in the rain and slush of the nasty weather we have been getting. There are entirely too many 18 wheelers on that highway.

Work, work, work tuesday morning, then headed back over to hot-lanta. Snow was still on the ground once I crossed the state line.  Thankfully my ever so sweet cousin, Jana let me crash at her place so I didnt have to get up at at 3am in bham to get to buckhead by 7:30 eastern. Jana, I pomise the noodle-less lasagna was awesome, no jokes!
Our Buckhead office is pretty cool and very "metro" being in the Terminus building downtown. Sometimes I feel like a country mouse when I go there. But, then I get into city girl mode, and i'm over it. Back to Bham.

Luckily my (female) boss' boss was there when i arrived. I always feel better about my male ego issues when she is around because "they" hum a completely different tune during those times. Plus, I can actually talk to her about my issues. I didnt this time, but she has helped in the past. Thank goodness for strong women in leadership roles, now we just need to find some more of them!

In other female empowerment news. This weekend, one of the women's non-profits that I work with is having its huge 10 year anniversary gala. Leading Edge was a group that I got introduced to in college. We stayed a week at 4H camp, and did work in the black belt to learn about issues surrounding women and children in Alabama. Jordan called it feminazi camp. go figure. Cristin remembers....
But it should be fun, and hopefully is a great fundraiser for this organization.

Time to crash.

2 comments:

  1. we have a season's fifty two right down the road. and it's on the water. love it. great wine list too...

    muwah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe you sold me out on the noodle less lasagna!! haha j/k

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?