I got in a little trouble this week by being so candid on my blog. I feel like life happens no matter what we do, so sharing and caring with each other, regardless of what life is handing you will only help you get through it easier. Well, not everyone thinks that way. So, now im being somewhat censored. So you might just hear about good things that happen to certain people in my life, and not so much the unfortunate. However, im a pretty candid person, and blogging helps me deal with stress, so you will still receive most of my musings.
Speaking of life being thrown at you, as ive mentioned previously, its been a long week. Stressful, tiring and sad to be exact. I found out Monday that one of my business partners, of a year and a half, has decided to take a position at a different firm. This was shocking as we all three get along splendidly and there had been no talk of it at all. As much as I regret to see him go, I understand his reasons, so I have to respect them. So, it was a week of telling clients that our partnership of three is now two. There were lots of questions. Some were more accepting than others. It was also sad to see him tell people he has spent years getting to know, he will no longer be around. In his words, it was like calling your friends and telling them you cant hang out anymore. I had to sit in a few of these meetings, and sad is really the best word to describe it. It also made me realize that I also care for my clients like they are family. I couldn't imagine being in that position, and having to end those business relationships. Today was his last day, which was awkward too because although we will all stay good friends, I just wont see him daily.
Now, alot of work must be done to reorganize. I'll spend most of Sunday at the office with Davo to update our business structure, strategic plan, and even our practice name (no more Burns, Jones & LeCompte). Ironically, I spent this afternoon downtown at a strategic plan meeting for Rotaract. The timing couldnt be better because I needed to hear this business consulting which will directly relate to our situation. Im not scared about our business, we'll be fine. It was more stressful this week dealing with change. I'm not a huge fan of it. Tomorrow im taking the day off to run, cook, and watch some mixed martial arts. I cant wait.
Hang in there. :)
ReplyDeleteI got "scolded" at work for blogging about coworkers. I was so mad. I wanted to tell them that 1) I said no names. 2) If you don't like it then don't read my blog (I had no idea they even knew I had one). I ended up just making my blog private for a while so whoever it was that complained would just wonder what I was writing about...
ReplyDelete