Saturday, March 13, 2010

updates

Things have been pretty chill here at the Burns/Gaston house lately. We are still waiting to hear about Jordan's job with Regions, so that's a frusterating waiting game. I was thinking this week that with him (hopefully) starting a job soon, we prob wouldnt be taking a trip this year, and I would get to spend a week volunteering at Sumatanga. (something I havent been able to do in three years now because of work)  As soon as I get this into my head, I get a phone call. Ive been invited to attend the Rotary International Conference this June in Montreal! There goes camp, because i'll be in Canada for a week. Has anyone been to Montreal?  I cant wait to do some research on the city, and find out more. I was even more excited to hear that Canadian currency is one where we as Americans, with our dollar, dont get screwed, (like we do with the Euro & pound) awesome! I am actually heading up to camp today to see friends though. I was hoping I had fun news of appearing this summer, but not so much...OH CANADA OH CANADA, here I come!


Also, i'm pretty excited because I get to go back to the radio world on Monday. No, I wont be speaking this time. My friend (and coworker) Carolyn is doing a 8 minute interview on the opening drive (with Jay Barker, Tony Curry and Al Delcreco) about her upcoming bash- Partying for Parkinsons. It is March 25th at Vulcan, and everyone should go, it will be a blast. All proceeds go to the Michael J Fox and Alabama Parkinsons Foundation. (Her boyfriends father has Parkinsons) So, back to radio. Im a HUGE fan of the Jox's radio station. Because most of al Bham radio is aweful, I listen to sports talk. Im so excited she is letting me go with her to the station and just be a fly on the wall. Listen in monday at 10:15 to 94.5!!!

1 comment:

Thoughts?