"You must immerse yourself in an unfamiliar world in order to truly understand your own."
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Pinot Camp
Ive started going to this one particular wine tasting lately. It is at the western supermarket in mtn brook village on thursdays after work. It is a dedicated group of mostly older gentlemen who, for one hour a week, socialize and sip on 6 or 7 different types of wine. What I love about the group is that not only are the people so incredibly nice, they arnt really wine snobs, they just love getting together and happen to be drinking wine at the same time. While I'm there tonight, one of the guys asks me if i'm going to camp this year. Camp? I love camp. I use to spend each summer at Sumatanga, nestled in the woods of Gallant, AL. But he was not referring to a place to canoe and camp, instead he was referring to....Pinot Camp! An annual tradition at the B&A Warehouse, where, for $30 or so, you taste around 25 different Pinots. This year from the Washington state region. How great is that? I was starting to miss summer camp as a kid, but I like adult camping. Pinot camp, here i come!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts?