"You must immerse yourself in an unfamiliar world in order to truly understand your own."
Thursday, September 24, 2009
250th
Today is Arthur day, the 250th anniversary of Guiness (1759), named after the founder Arthur Guiness. At 17:59pm (11:59am our time today) we were to raise a pint to celebrate the man who has over time heavily influenced the culture of beer. Unfortunately, I completely forgot about Arthur day and was eating at a mexican restaurant during that time. Sorry Andrew, I failed. Birmingham has crappy Guiness anyway, but I would have liked to have raised something besides my bean burritto to my mouth.
Speaking of things that come from across the pond, enjoy the best claymation cartoon of all times. Creature Comforts. This is old school, but i love it. If i'm having a bad day, then this is what goes into the You Tube search because its fantastic. Here is another fantastic gem from the Creatures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts?