Before I left Ireland, I visited the good people at Dublin Central Rotary Club for their weekly meeting. It was a great meeting to attend, as they were honoring a Paul Harris Fellow. This is someone from either the club or the community that has worked dilligently for the improvement of society. The reciepient at this occassion was the principal at a local boys primary school who has helped motivate his students to raise money for a boys school in Kenya. This work, along with the help of Rotary has vastly improved the lives of the young boys in both places. It was quite interesting to hear about this work and see this man surprised with such an honor.
Earlier in the day, Andrew and I walked along Dublin Bay along the south wall. It was surprisingly gorgeous outside, without much breeze and warm, so the walk was fantastic. Apparently the weather is suppose to be fantastic for the next two weeks. I had some good weather, but still got the rain and wind at times. Regardless, August and September are great times to visit Ireland, if anyone's interested...
The night before I left, my friend Deirdre and her boyfriend had me over to their house for dinner and tea. It was great to see them, and talk about the past two years we have lived since we've seen each other. Hopefully another two years wont go by before I see my Irish gals again!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts?