I was at a conference in Atlanta today, and after getting up at 4am to get to Atlanta by 9am, it made for a long day. I did manage to stay awake through the whole thing and even took some notes from the speaker. One thing she mentioned during the workshop was that it takes doing somethng twenty three times before it becomes habit. I have heard this before, with different numbers, but the same concept. Repetition = Habit. This can be applied to my career as a business owner and also my personal life.
For instance, over the past month I have managed to put on a full 5 lbs in weight. No lie, 4 weeks, 5 lbs. Now, i'm gonna credit this mostly to Ireland and its plethora of unhealthy food and beverage choices (Guiness, fish & chips, Zaytoon, club orange, scones), but also those damn good Dreamland Nachos at Bryant-Deny. However, excuses aside, action must be taken. SO, for the next 23 days, I am committing to making working out and eating healthy a priority. I know what my weight loss goals are, and I know its not all going to happen in 23 days, but forming a habit will. So, during the next 3 weeks I expect to be hungry, cranky, tired and pretty much a total bummer. However, this gives me a base to work from and good habits to carry forward. Plus, on WW, you arn't suppose to see weight loss until after the first three weeks anyway. So here is some of what's getting cut out:
-alcohol (that was even hard to type)
-diet coke
-rotel :(
-weighing myself (not until the three weeks are up)
-eating out, if at all possible, not many healthy choices out there
What im bringing into the habit:
-more water consumption
-fresh fruit and veggies
-lighter portions
-exercise at least 5 days a week
So, as you can see, this is a life change...again. I did this four years ago while in Dublin. Somehow I lost the habit, but I'm taking a stand against the harm I have done to my body over the past 2 years. I'll keep yall posted.

Sounds like such a good plan. I should really join you on this 23 day journey. Maybe when I get home from vacation and actually join the gym on Monday!
ReplyDeleteokay, I can jump on board with all of that except diet coke... couldnt give it up unless you chained me up. And I might have to sneak the occasional corona light on game days.... but GOOD LUCK!!!
ReplyDelete