Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hot & Hot Girls Club


This evening Jordan and I attended the release party for the new Hot and Hot Fish Club cookbook by chef Chris Hastings. It was held at the Southern Progress building (the Southern Living place). I tried desperately to be good with my diet, but can you imagine a room filled with bite sized portions of hot n hot goodness plus champagne? Welcome to Day 1, the day I cracked. What's worse is that tomorrow there is a food and wine festival at the zoo. I really chose the wrong time to go cold turkey. I seriously might go to work, work out, come home and seclude myself from the world and from wine. Its for my own good...Its for my own good....

But I digress. While we were at the party, I started talking with a really nice lady about pottery, which of course is one of my favorite things. Chris Hasting uses beautiful pottery from Earth Born, a local potter. Anyways, later in the evening I ran into her again while she was talking to several other ladies, and they invited me into the conversation Over the next twenty minutes, I made seven new friends. The lady's ages ranged from 27 (me, next month) to 57 (the lady I originally met). Once this was established, we all bonded. In fact, we bonded so much that we decided to all get together again for dinner next month at, where else, Hot n Hot. What?!??!!?  Seriously though, these ladies were awesome, and I really cant wait to get together with them again. Its doubtful that they will help me stay on track with my diet plan judging from how much wine they drink, but fun gals nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?