Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The White Queen


For those that know me, you are aware that historical fiction novels are a large weakness of mine. While in Ireland, I almost picked  up the new Philippa Gregory book, but held off. Luckily my sister let me borrow the book on tape (cd) this week when I went to see her new office. This is the first book on tape that I have ever listened to, and it was hard to get use to listening. Im not an audio learner, I never used a tape recorder to cram for exams; however, I have really enjoyed being in my car this week. Although I have to admit, this is not her best read. Thankfully though it is a story in English history where the main characters seem to have actually been in love. So although there is drama, it isnt the King sleeping with another girl each day. For some reason, this is reasuring. But, the war of the roses was a sad time in history...

Alright, I have to stop here, I cant write anymore about English history because for some reason I have the tv stopped on 18 kids and counting. I understand that these people think that they should just keep procreating until they no longer can. BUT, on this episode, the mom is expecting her first grandchild when she finds out she is pregnant with chuild #19...WHAT? The grandchild will be older than its aunt. This still isnt as weird as having 19 children, i dont care who you are. Luckily Flipping Out featuring my favorite, Jeff Lewis, just saved the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?