Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Back to Life

I feel like a new person tonight. After five miserable days of this head cold, I am emerging from my pit of misery. I was lucky that my annual cold fell on a long weekend because I would have missed alot of work with this thing. Somehow this weekend I felt good enough for a few hours to head out to publix and cvs to track down some deals.


I did really good at Publix, spending $63, and savings $40. Of the $40, $26 of it came from coupons that I clipped or printed and the rest from store deals. I felt pretty good about that. I had my cvs list all ready, but they were out of many of the deal items, so i was a bit thrown off. I spent $30 and saved $15. I have already saved enough to justify the $52 cost of the newspaper subscription twice a week to get the coupons, and this was my first week's subscription. BAM. I'm also working on getting my printer set back up so I can print coupons as well. I realize that I am getting super into this, but when i start something, i usually jump full force into it. Also its such a thrill to go to the store and pay half of what you should Granted, I spend twice as much of my time getting the groceries as usual, and since my time is soooo valuable, I need to get quicker about it.



On the weight front, it has been a difficult weekend because I was not able to work out. I did keep my eating habits under control, so i guess that's good. This next week I really have to pick it up though. I'm hoping to run the Village 2 Village 10k through the Mtn Brook Villages. I havent ran alot in the past few weeks, so we will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?