Saturday, January 2, 2010

Scholastic's Great Idea

I'm ignoring the presence of a new year at the moment until I get some picture from our amazing night at The Club. I forgot my memory card, and I dont have the cord to get the pictures from my camera's harddrive. Till then, I bring you the return of....The Babysitters Club. That's right, Scholastic is bringing back Kristy, Mary Anne, Claudia and Stacey in an effort to teach a new generation to "sit," and to introduce literature to tweens that isnt littered with vampires and witches.



I will admit, i was a HUGE fan of this series. I tried to collect every book. I came pretty close, and I hope they are still at my parents house for my kids one day. I didnt know this, but Scholastic also brought back the popular "Goosebumps" series in 2006, I loved those too. Anyway, FYI.

In not so fun news, we woke up to our downstairs toilet flooding our man cave. Resulting in soaking wet tile and carpet into the room about 4 feet. After going through all my towels (that I, of course, just cleaned), a borrowed wet vac, and the Gaston's fan, we might have it under control. Right now the carpet down there is pulled up exposing the pad (which was also soaked) in an effort to dry before it mildews.  All the while, my kitchen is wrecked from my painting project, which because of the flood, wont get finished today. Oh, the joys of homeownership.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?