Yesterday Jordan turned the big 26. I love birthdays. We celebrated the best we could for a work day. That meant we saw each other in the morning, and then rendevoused at lunch to a place that was convenient for both of us and also delicious. The answer: Cracker Barrel! We had an awesome breakfast/lunch. I managed to eat as healthy as one could pathom at the Barrel. unsweet tea with equal, lean pork chop, pinto beans, and (fried) okra... Jordan has the Momma's breakfast: 2 eggs, sausage, biscuits, and three pancakes with butter and syrup. Obviously, he's not on a diet.
Then back to work for a few hours until we met up for dinner with Jordan's parents. The plan was to go to Jinsei, our favorite sushi place.
(Kidoma Tuna-my fav dish)
If anyone has been to this delectable SoHo gem, you know its a small place with loud music, and an annoying policy that no one can be seated until their whole party has arrived. They only have like 6 tables, so I guess that makes sense. Anyway, jordan's dad got there about 30 mins early and kept getting pressed by the very snotty hostess to get a drink. He refused several times and then waited patiently for the rest of us to arrive. When we finally got there, we all stood up, ready to be seated when the hostess grabbed another party, who were enjoying their drinks, and seated them right in front of us. What?!? Then she had the nerve to tell us it would be 45 minutes and we can sit in the booth and wait. Oh hell no. SO, we walked right out. Jordan's dad was convinced it was because he didnt order a drink. Unfortunately, I dont think we'll be going back there with the Gastons. So, instead we went to an even better Birmingham establishment: Hot and Hot Fish Club :)
This is where the day got good and bad at the same time. I had quite possibly the best meal ever:
App: Leafy organic spinach with a lemon aioli sauce bacon omellete and fried Apalachicolo oysters
Entree: Fudge Farms Pork Trio: Crispy belly with celery root slaw, Loin with turnip gratin, Leg with brussel sprouts, Cipollini onion and Guanciale.
Dessert: Homemade donuts: Oranged glaze chocolate, and two others that were awesome especially with the Camomille hot tea.
(the donuts are in the middle)
So...whats so bad about that you ask? Well, it was a serious deviation from my diet, but I dont care, because I love birthdays and my husband. So celebrate we did! (I dont think he reads this), but Happy Birthday Jordan!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts?