Thursday, January 14, 2010

"Oh my darling Clementine..."

I have been on a major coupon kick lately, finding deals left and right, ect. However, there is one item at Publix I will pay full price for: Clementines.



Jeris-pedia defines Clemetines as "candy, cleverly disguised as fruit"




Now that I am trying to eat right, I need to increase my ftuit and veggie intake. Here is one fruit that I welcome with open arms. This is not your grandma's orange, or your mom's tangerine. Seedless, practically pulpless, this small slice of heaven is decadant, and $7.99 a box (for like 20ish). Pricely for produce, but well worth it my friends. Ive been eating several a day all week. Ironically, now that I have quadrupled my Vitamin C intake, I am starting to feel like im coming down with my annual cold. Hopefully that yuck feeling with subside as we enter a 3 day weekend.
Good people of Birmingham, DONT WAIT to get your clementines. 1) bc I might go buy them all, and 2) bc the clementine season is almost over. We only had from Nov to Jan to enjoy this fruit of the Gods, and that time has nearly expired.

I might go get another one now.

1 comment:

  1. I discovered Clementines about fifteen years ago, after I moved to chicagoland. They were $9.99 for the little crate-full, and covered in a mesh-like fabric with an artsy label on top. The price in Chicagoland for that same commodity - is the same - $9.99, even now.
    I do love them too!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?