Saturday, January 16, 2010

Ellie-Escape Artist


You've met Ellie. She's our tailess pound kitty. She's also an outside cat living the life of a trapped domestic goddess. We were really excited for her when we moved into the new house because we have a large yard for her to run around and be happy. She's already discovered the new diggs, and sits at our back door whining all the time. So, why dont I just let her out? Here's where it gets tricky. First large dogs are on the otherside of every fence our back yard borders. Also, Ive noticed numerous stray cats around our street. One seems very friendly. He meets me in my front yard as I leave for work in the mornings. The other two are not to sweet. Plus, all of them are much larger than my Ellie. Although she has her claws, she is quite petite. I dont doubt she would kick some kitty ass if needed, but the mommy in me doesnt want her to even be in that situation. Basically, i'm afraid for my child to leave the nest. I know she wants to go outside desperately, but I'm too afraid something might happen to her. I'm pretty sure she is retaliating by leaving me frequent hairball surprises in less than desirable places. Any cat people who have resolved this problem without losing the cat? Did I mention i'm fairly certain she understands English....?
This cat will escape if I cant find a solution. Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. My rabies kitty goes outside, and even comes back when I call her name. Here is Ben's solution: The first day you let her out, sit in the yard with her and shoot any other critter that comes around with a beebee gun, they'll stop coming back eventually... :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clawless, tailless, bow-legged cat that you gave me lives outside like a champ. It took a few fights to get him initiated, but blue belongs to the Preston Lane kitty gang. They just roam around and poop in various yards.....Blue LOVES it!

    Let loose a little bit and let him outside.....he'll be fine and much happier.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?