It has been a tumultuous few weeks with me and my Epson cx6000. It was one of the first things we bought as a married couple (almost 3 years ago now..wow). I think Jordan needed it for law school, so we found a pretty inexpensive model for the day. I think we used the thing about 5 times before mysteriously a quarter and a nickle got stuck in the inner workings of the machine, and it stopped working. I think it got blamed on the cats. Needless to say, we havent used it in about 2 years now, but its a perfectly good printer (minus the change). So, while I was sick this month and needed to make myself feel useful, I decided to tackle this thing. I think I put it off so long because I was afraid it would be costly to fix. Luckily, it just needed some Jeris TLC (aka, shaking the money out of it).
Then it was onto ordering new ink. Epson ink is EXPENSIVE! Luckily, amazon.com to the rescue. I found a ink shop out of Atlanta called Peachtree Ink. They sell knock off ink brands that work almost just as good (or better) as the original. The best part is the price. Usually one cartridge of Epson ink is around $15, but at peachtree, I got 3 color catridges and 2 blacks for $12. Sounds too good to be true, and it prob is. But so far the ink is working and I am happy.
Let the coupon printing begin! (thanks mom and dad for letting me use your printer for the past month for all my couponing needs :)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thoughts?