Monday, January 4, 2010

Yum, Yoplait

Next monday starts a contest at my gym. Its very similar to weight watchers, where you get points for the types of food you eat, but this one has an unlimited points system. So you want as many points as possible, hence you get points for not only eating the right foods, but also getting at least 7 hours of sleep, working out or exercising, drinking water, ect. Points get taken away for eating sweets, too much carbs, fat, ect. I tried many times last year to get, "back on the wagon," but somehow it just didnt happen. Why do I think it will happen this time? Well, there is competition involved, and I dont like to lose.

We compete in two different categories. Weight loss and inches lost. I think overall there are about 25 people in the contest. We each put in $10, and the winner gets 50% of the pot, second place 30%, and third place 20% i think. Then we put $5 in each for the inches contest and winner takes all. So, its kinda like The Biggest Loser. Needless to say, ive already been trash talking at the gym, so its game on!

So, winning this contest is going to take some serious eating habit changes on my part. Since ive started couponing, ive realized many of the items that go on sale frequently are pre-packaged meals like pizzas and frozen dinners. I wont win with these. So, im trying to balance spending less at the store with also buying healthier (albiet usually more expensive) items. One thing that I have found that I'm really loving are Yoplait Smoothies.


Historically, ive disliked smoothies, but these are really good. They come with the yogurt and berries, you just add milk in the blender. One bag makes two servings, so ive been making one for dessert and eating the other one for breakfast the next morning. They are $3.19 per bag, but you can get $1 off coupons online. So, a great smoothie for a little over a dollar each. They might even be cheaper at Cosco, ive got the check that out, but i digress.

So, i know its new years resolution cliche, but i will lose weight over the next few months. watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?