Sunday, January 10, 2010

Reed-Riddle (Burns) Cabin

My cousin took these pics when she recently took her family to see the house where my dad (and her mom) grew up. All my life ive heard stories about this house and my dad's family growing up here. The house was built between 1816-1820, and is on the Jefferson County Historical Commission Registery. I even found a brochure you can buy: Not Just Another Old House: The Reed-Riddle-Jemison House, Spring Lake Farm, now Huffman ($0.50).



Dad said that the house doesnt look much like it use to. The current owners have done some refurbishing. It is currently for sale, but I havent been able to find much info on it.





My aunt said that they use to put their dishes and clothes in this piece of furniture.



When a house is placed on the historic registery, the name that is placed on the building is either of the original owner, or of the owner that lived there the longest. I guess my family didnt do either. I'd like to know more about the families whose name the house bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?